Hi there! I’m Karen, a mom who loves playful parenting and is super close to my two grown kids. Enjoy every minute because it goes by fast… my daughter and son are now in their twenties.
I’ve spent my life immersed in playful parenting, and I love making learning fun.
For over twenty years, I’ve worked in K-12 Ed Tech (Education Technology) engaging kids in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math). When my children were young, I structured my career to be home each afternoon. We spent a lot of time together.
Let’s get real. While parenting is rewarding, it’s also stressful.
When your child is uncooperative, argues, and throws a tantrum. When you rapidly blink away tears before they stream down your face. Sound familiar?
I remember those overwhelming, disheartening, downright exasperating days. And being divorced made it especially difficult since I could no longer depend on another adult in the house to help. Nope, I was on my own.
To make matters worse, I was a stressed-out single parent. I had to do something.
What Did I Do?
Luckily, my parents set a positive example with playful parenting. Instead of nagging and yelling, they incorporated playfulness. They embraced a “can do!” spirit, used their imagination, and created games to turn around challenging moments.
When I became a mom, I experienced firsthand the benefits of this positive, playful approach. It made parenting more fun, empowered my kids, and connected our family. Goodbye annoying power struggles. (Did I mention that one of my kids is VERY strong-willed!)
Why I Wrote This Book
After growing a K-12 technology program, I pursued my childhood dream of writing a book. People always say to write about something you love, so what better topic than playful parenting. Welcome my third child: Parenting—Let’s Make a Game of It.
Make Parenting Easier—and More Fun!
Parenting can be rewarding, and we love our kids. But let’s face it, we don’t love the power struggles. If you want your child to cooperate, make parenting a game with Parenting—Let’s Make a Game of It. Instead of yelling, learn playful ways to stop struggling with your toddlers and school-age kids. Spark your playfulness—in only 5 minutes.
So next time you’re feeling frustrated and overwhelmed…
And you don’t know what to do…
Spark your playful spirit and create games to ease challenging moments.
Fun Facts About My Book
- Entertains and inspires- It reads like fiction, and the stories are designed to spark your playfulness.
- Been there! The tone is down-to-earth and the situations are relatable.
- Only 5 minutes- That’s how long it takes to read a story. Super quick for busy parents.
- Flexible- Read in any order based on your challenge.
- Teaches coping techniques- Learn helpful CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) techniques.
- School-age kids and toddlers- Learn tricks to manage school work and make learning fun.
Fun Facts About Me
- I’m from Boston but have lived in California for a long time… so I consider myself a Californian.
- I graduated from Mount Holyoke College, attended Santa Clara University for my MBA, and then earned my MOM degree with my two kids.
- LOL, I was not a tech lover when I moved to Silicon Valley, but now I engage kids in STEM learning.
- I’ve worked for many innovative EdTech companies (Apple, iD Tech, and now consulting), but my favorite job is being a mom.
- When my kids were in college, I visited them each quarter. We still continue this tradition today!
Check out the glowing 5-star Amazon reviews.
A Playful Podcast Interview